Pages

Monday 7 September 2020

I wandered lonely as a cloud

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd,

A host, of golden daffodils;

Beside the lake, beneath the trees,

Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine

And twinkle on the milky way,

They stretched in never-ending line

Along the margin of a bay:

Ten thousand saw I at a glance,

Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced; but they

Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:

A poet could not but be gay,

In such a jocund company:

I gazed—and gazed—but little thought

What wealth the show to me had brought:


For oft, when on my couch I lie

In a vacant or in pensive mood,

They flash upon that inward eye

Which is the bliss of solitude;

And then my heart with pleasure fills,

And dances with the daffodils.

The first connection I made to the title was a sad feeling. the rhyming pattern I found was A B A C C in the poem there are four paragraphs and six lines in each one. I think the poet is trying to make you think about reflecting on things you've done because in the first three stanzas he talks about being outside and expressing himself. and then in the last stanza, he talks about reflecting about what happened how he is couped up in his house and doesn't do anything about it in a way his talking about how his life and how he doesn't like to express himself to the world in this poem I found one hyperbole this is the cite evidence I have A host of golden daffodils. found a simile this is my cite evidence of it to continuous as stars that shine and twinkle on the milky way. and I also found some personification for example The waves beside them danced and And dances wit the dofodils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about